Persona High Definition Lenses Provide Cost Effective Lab Solutions For Eye Care
Freeform high definition surfacing is allowing eye care professionals to offer practically
any eyeglass wearer ultimate optical performance that will keep them coming back.
The inside surfacing of all optical features, including the sphere, cylinder and
progressive addition powers creates a lens with a wider field of vision, less unwanted
astigmatism and much greater patient acceptance. True non-adapts are virtually nil.
Persona High Definition lenses are available in 4 formats, including the original Persona, Persona G4, Persona Phd and Persona Office. The salient features are described below:
The Persona is the original design that has enjoyed remarkable success since its introduction in 2006. It is available in 3 distinct fitting height designs 14mm, 17mm and 19mm and in a choice of 20 lens materials and colours, the greatest selection available in Canada today. Compared to conventional progressive lenses, Persona is in a level of patient satisfaction by itself.
The Persona G4 is the fourth generation design in the family of Persona lenses, and creates superb clarity of vision through all gazes. The Persona G4 have the following features and benefit:
- Position of wear philosophy to correct oblique aberrations.
- Peripheral distortion all but eliminated.
- All viewing positions have been optimized for balanced vision.
- Viewing comfort is exceptional for all uses.
- Personalized frame and wearing positions can be incorporated into the lens design.
- Available in most ophthalmic lens materials.
The Persona Phd improves upon the success of the Persona by enlarging the reading area and making the wearing experience just like a single vision lens, with no sensation of change. It consists of a group of 3 designs, each of which is optimized for different wearing needs.
- Persona Phd: An excellent choice for general purpose wearing needs. With the reading area about 30% wider than the original Persona, it is a natural replacement to any other lens design.
- Persona Phd Distance: Intended primarily for distance viewing and active lifestyles. With its ultra clear distance, the Persona Distance is most suitable for driving, sports, biking, golfing and especially for sunglass wear. The reading area remains as usable as the Persona.
- Persona Phd Near: Intended for extended near viewing activities and serves as a general purpose alternative to the Persona Office. It offers the largest reading area of any progressive lens available today, and is 40% wider than the Persona Phd.
The task specific version of Persona High Definition lenses. It offers an almost unlimited selection of viewing distances, allowing dispensers full latitude in ordering the perfect task specific lens. It provides the most usable near and upper fields of view of all such lens designs, resulting in exceptional comfort for the wearer.
So many eye care professionals are choosing the lab services at Riverside Opticalab,
that we have been expanding our facilities to become the largest optical lab in
Canada. Located in the nation's capital, in Ottawa, Ontario, ROL is a 25,000 sq.
ft. facility, operated by highly trained engineers and technicians. ROL is very
proud to be at the forefront of this new cutting-edge technology in progressive
lens manufacturing and is equally proud to be able to offer our services to our
clients, the eye care professionals of North America and beyond.